|Source||© Kevin Thornton|
|Prep time||3 hours, 30 minutes|
|Total time||3 hours, 30 minutes|
An exquisite and elegant dish from Kevin Thornton
© Kevin Thornton
1. Cook beetroot. Cook beetroot in water with pineapple shell, grapefruit orange and lemon. Cover with water and cook gently for about 3 hrs. Allow to cool in liquid and when cool peel under running water as the skin comes off easier. Slice thinly.
2. St Tola Stack: Place one slice of St Tola in the centre of a heatproof serving plate, then place 2 or 3 slices of beetroot on top. Place half of the baby spinch leaves on top then the second slice of goats cheese. Transfer to a hot grill to melt the top slice of St Tola.
3. Repeat the layering process with a second a layer of beetroot and spinach. Finish with the final slice of St Tola, grill til brown then set aside.
4. Pesto: blend the pine nuts, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and grated cheese in a food processor until well combined. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Salad Dressing: whisk the olive oil, lemon thyme, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey together in a bowl until well combined. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. To serve: dot the pesto and balsalmic vinegar around the edge of the plate. Drizzle the St Tola stack with the dressing, then sprinkle over the toasted walnuts.